Focusing on your child for just 15 minutes can make a big difference! Try these activities:
- Play freeze tag.
- Write a story to read at bedtime.
- Create a family book, with information and pictures about each family member.
- Be active together. Have a jumping jack contest. See how many you can do during commercial TV breaks.
- Create a fort in your living room out of blankets or cardboard boxes.
- Have a dance party. Let each family pick their favorite dance and have others follow along.
- Plant a flower or vegetable together.
- Practice writing this week's spelling words on a mirror with dry-erase markers.
- Have a sock puppet show.
- Clean and reorganize your child’s room as a team. Let them help decide where things.
- Make a superhero costume out of things you find around the house.
- Make a list of five reasons you are proud of your child and share it with them.
- Let your kids help with dinner. Make preparing the meal a fun time together.
- Have a sunset picnic outside.
- Go for a walk and explore the neighborhood.