Focusing on your child for just 15 minutes can make a big difference! Try these activities:
- Play freeze tag.
- Write a story to read at bedtime.
- Create a family book, with information and pictures about each family member.
- Go to the library.
- Create a fort in your living room out of blankets or cardboard boxes.
- Go to a public place, people watch and make up imaginary stories about people.
- Plant a flower or vegetable together.
- Practice writing this week's spelling words on a mirror with dry-erase markers.
- Have a sock puppet show.
- Make your child a special lunch and put a handwritten note inside.
- Make a superhero costume out of things you find around the house.
- Make a list of five reasons you are proud of your child and share it with them.
- Give your child $5 when you go to the dollar store and let them help you shop for items on your list.
- Have a sunset picnic at a park or beach - even if it's just sandwiches and chips.
- Go for a walk and explore the neighborhood.